Thursday, January 1, 2015

The Food Diary Project - Day One

3 OF MY FAVORITE THINGS: Spreadsheets, lists, and data analysis...

What’s up: I like immaculate organization, gathering and analyzing data, and eating. After polling my main blog readers at my blog here, I've decided to go with the number one choice of a "Detailed Food Journal" for my next Food Challenge. I may decide to go for the other challenges at a later date (see next year's food challenge beginning on January 1st and ending on my birthday). A Food Journal/Diary is just what the title says it is: a food journal detailing every single thing I eat, with notes for when I ate it (if I can note it) and what the caloric content and size/amount if possible.

The purpose of the blog: The purpose of this project and the blog is to document the project and my feelings. Share pictures and get a good record of a baseline for how and what I eat and to get a better feeling for the amount of food I'm eating and what content the food has. I can also do an analysis later for all sorts of factors/measures.

Why a Food Journal: I have never done a food journal longer than a few days and none recently and I think I may not be accurately reflecting on amount and types of food eaten and the actual caloric content in an overall day that I'm consuming. This project will allow me to focus on what I'm eating and if I'm posting everything here, I will be held accountable (read guilty) for what I'm eating...


Here is my plan:

1. Eat

2. Journal

3. Document, Add up, and Analyze


My plan is to post the detailed Food Diary Entry the day after, so January 1st Diary Entry will be detailed on January 2nd.

Stay tuned for the wonderful and awful food munchings of Rachel's aftermath of a New Year's Eve Party on January 2nd Food Journal Entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment